Assorted Antique Wax Seals (Gold)
- Set of 5 assorted wax seal designs and sizes with an organic quality to them.
- Each set will come with a personalized note describing the seals in the set.
- Wax is a slightly marbled mixture of antique gold and yellow gold accentuated with hand painted metallic gold detailing.
- Each seal is individually pressed and hand painted so there will be variations in shape and size but rest assured that all are equally lovely.
Tips for sending wax seals through the mail:
Our seals are made of flexible wax but we strongly recommend a few things if you are considering sending your seals through the mail. We'd like to share a few things we've learned along the way that can help prevent a mail disaster from occurring. While no one can prevent things from happening to your mail once it leaves your hands, these tips will help ensure your envelope arrives as safely as possible.
1. Use an outer envelope. The outer envelope protects the smaller envelope (with the seal) that is placed inside of it. For very thick seals this is an absolute must. The outer envelope also creates a wonderful opportunity to coordinate the colors and design of your wax seal with the postage designs and ink colors creating your very own mail art!
2. Request Hand Canceling. There is always a potential for seals getting damaged if they are run through a mechanical sorting machine at the post office so it is best to ask your local post office to "hand cancel" your letters. Hand canceling is an alternative to machine canceling since the cancellation is manually applied by a postal employee rather than a machine. The post office charges a few cents extra to hand cancel an envelope, but it is worth the nominal cost to ensure that your seal arrives with minimal to no damage. Be sure to check your local post office for current postage rates.
We've sent letters through the mail without following these tips and found it to be a hit and miss. Some seals arrived perfectly intact with no damage while others were slightly warped. It is best to consider these options to help ensure your mail arrives as pristine as possible. This is particularly important if you're dealing with special pieces of mail like wedding invitations. It's much better than simply going on a hope and a wish that your wax seals land in the recipient's mailbox without damage.
Feel free to reach out if you have additional questions.